Name: Guru Khalsa
Age: 26 years young
Occupation: Photographer! Check out his flickr page called fOtOdOjO
Status:In a relationship (I want to marry her)
1. Where do you like to flirt?
Flirting makes the world go round so I do my part every chance I get. Carmel beach is the best spot to get smiles and smirks.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
I like to drink at Ody’s bar… it is a little dive that is owner operated and always full of some interesting characters. As far as food is concerned, it is hard to go wrong but my favorite two are Casanova’s for dinner and The Little Swiss for breakfast.
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
If your are visiting the Carmel, your two guaranteed options are Doris Day’s old spot called The Cypress Inn or the La Playa Hotel. Both are walking distance to the beach and have a nice bar and restaurant.
4. What qualities do you find irresistible in a woman?
More attractive than looks for me is a drive to live life to the fullest. There are plenty of good looking women but finding one that will go for a hike even if she wore heels on the date is the ticket.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon? Just roll over?
Sunday afternoon I will be on a hike in Big Sur a short drive south of Carmel. Rain or shine.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
The beach. I have been to a lot of beaches in California and Hawaii surfing over the years and Carmel beach will always be my precious.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
Bring your Camera, your curiosity and your credit cards. Leave with great images, memories, and sand between your toes.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
Take a drive or three while you are in town. Big Sur and Carmel Valley are great to explore with plenty to see, do, and taste. Also the Monterey Bay Aquarium is a short hop to the other
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Now that I think of it the south end of the beach right by the Frank Lloyd Wright house kind of smell from the drying kelp from time to time. Not too pleasant.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
The only two streets that matter in Carmel are Ocean Ave. and Scenic Ave. Ocean Ave. takes you from HWY 1 through town to the beach and Scenic runs along the beach.