North Berkeley’s Gourmet Ghetto is so chock-full of culinary hotspots and hideaways that it’s hard to choose where to eat. The solution, according to epicurean concierge Lisa Rogovin, is to try them all!
Let Lisa tour you through the area known as the birthplace of California cuisine for an afternoon, making stops to speak with local chefs and food purveyors, not to mention sampling an assortment of delicacies.
Visit the original Peets Coffe & Tea in Walnut Square, the eclectic food shops at Epicurious Garden, and the Vintage Berkely Wine Shop, and the area’s weekly all-organic Farmers Market.
Some of the local artisan edibles that participants will get to sink their teeth into:
- Cupcakes made from scratch at Love at First Bite Cupcakery & Bakery
- Raw food goodies at Cafe Gratitude
- Parisian-style Macaroons from Masse’s Pastries
- Salts and Culinary Spices at Elephant Pharmacy
- Crispy Potato Puffs at Gregoire’s
- Organic specialties from the Juice Bar Collect
- NYC deli pastrami at Saul’s Delicatessen
- Tea History & Tasting at Imperial Tea Court
- Chocolate works of art at Alegio Chocolates
- Housemade Soups from SOOP
Selections and stops on the tour will change seasonally.
Tour Schedule – Every Thursday from 2 – 5pm, year-round, rain or shine.
Price is $60 per person.