Name: Chris Nunes
Hometown: San Francisco
1. Where do you like to flirt?
Redwood Room @ The Clift, Hotel Biron in Hayes Valley on Rose Alley, Ambassador on Geary in the TL, Mamacita on Chestnut in the Marina, Bubble Lounge & Tosca in North Beach, Bambuddha on Eddy in the TL, Ottimista on Union in Cow Hollow, Pink on 16th St in the Mission, The Grove on either Chestnut or Fillmore, Frisson in Jackson Square, XYZ at the W Hotel
2. What are your favorite places to eat and drink?
La Tacqueria on Mission @ 25th, Gordos on 9th @ Irving, Sub Center in West Portal, Kokkari in Jackson Square, Supenkuche in Hayes Valley, Delessio Cafe on Market in Hayes, Little Star pizzeria on Divisadero in Western Addition, Cafe Claude on Claude Alley in Union Square, Gary Danko on North Point in Fisherman’s Wharfish area, Bamabuddha Lounge
3. Where should we stay when we visit?
Hotel Vitale, The Clift, Mark Hopkins
4. What qualities do you find irresistible in a woman?
Sassy, uber intelligent, sophisticated, individually stylish (no Banana Republic, thank you very much), someone who feels the music when you walk into a lounge/club.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Trail running in Marin or the LA mountains; working on my laptop at a coffee house, with the dog at Crissy Field, with friends at Manhattan Beach
6. What do you love most about your hometown (besides our arrival)?
Are you kidding? It’s San Francisco!
7. What should we bring when we visit? What should we leave with?
Bring a sweater, a running jacket/windbreaker, shorts, running shoes, a healthy liver, a list of your favorite wines for comparison to the new ones you’ll discover.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
The view of the city from the Headlands over the GG Bridge, Sunset from Tilden Park in Berkeley, Sonoma town square
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Tenderloin, too far into SOMA, Excelsior
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
Hotel Biron is not a hotel—it’s a wine bar.