Name: Jose Luis Relinque
Hometown: Seville, Spain
1. Where do you flirt?
In the supermarket while I am shopping. I also find it interesting to meet women while clothing/shoe shopping.
2. What are your favorite places to eat and drink?
Wherever they have good food but it is important there is a warm atmosphere with the smell of wonderful food emanating from the kitchen. Check out Bar Barbiana and Casa Robles in the downtown area of Seville.
3. Where should we stay when we visit?
There is a little old fashioned hotel in the center of Seville that would make you feel like you have stepped back to last century. They even have a pool on the roof and believe me you will need it if you visit in the summer. The name of the place is Casa Maria and to further raise the ante it is within a stones-throw of La Giralda, a tower by the Cathedral, built by the Moors and topped by a few feet when the Christians took over (go figure).
If money is not an issue, then Hotel Alfonso XII is the place to visit where “white glove” service is standard.
4. What qualities do you find irresistible in a woman?
Intelligence and elegance.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
On my bike, riding in the near by hills.
6. What do you love most about your hometown (besides our arrival)?
The sense of humor of the people. Also, the smell of orange flowers permeates the air most of the year.
7. What should we bring when we visit? What should we leave with?
Bring: Suntan lotion and cool clothing.
Leave: with a smile (you will)
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
The Cathedral, for many years the largest until St. Peter’s, in Rome, was built. Also, El Parque de Maria Luisa, site of the World’s Fair at the beginning of the century.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Sevilla is a small quaint town that feels very safe.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
In the summertime stay with dry sherry, it is much lower alcohol and very refreshing