Name: Peter Walsh
Hometown: San Francisco
Occupation: Business Owner
1. Where do you like to flirt?
I flirt at my business with clients, I find it puts a smile on women and makes them feel good about themselves while they are trying on things. It is all in good fun and everybody wins.
2. What are your favorite places to eat and drink?
I like understated restaurants with a quiet atmosphere where you can talk and get to know other, but usually I am at Shen Hua in Berkeley on College Avenue because it is family friend. I have two small kids and that is our favorite place to dine out on Sunday evenings.
3. Where should we stay when we visit?
I would recommend the Claremont Hotel, just up the road from us in the East Bay. It’s got a great spa, great exercise facilities and has an old style charm. Reminds me a bit of the south.
4. What qualities do you find irresistible in a woman?
Strenght and authenticity
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Usually at a park or play ground having a picnic with my family and goofing around. We also like to go to the Marina in San Francisco if the weather is nice, or head out to Nicasio where we have a family house with cattle and vineyard. It’s very relaxing there, only 45 minutes drive from where we live and lots of space for our kids to run around.
6. What do you love most about your hometown (besides our arrival)?
The diversity, the weather and the people.
7. What should we bring when we visit? What should we leave with?
Bring a bottle of prosecco chilled and some nice flowers, that always brightens up my day. You should leave with a smile on your heart.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
Our family house in Nicasio, simple but some how extremely relaxing and our store in downtown SF, Manika Jewelry, at posh 1 Maiden Lane. While you’re in San Francisco, I would check out the SFMOMA Picasso exhibit.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
West Oakland and the Tenderloin
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
The Farmer’s Market in Berkeley on Tuesdays from 2 – 7 pm is the best in the East Bay/San Francisco area…even better than the Ferry Building.