The Gaylord Company, now four properties strong, has once again outdone itself with the spectacular Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in the heart of our nation’s power center on the shores of the majestic Potomac River.
Location, Location, Location…is the distinguishing feature of this three year young waterfront oasis.
The convergence of the Mid-Atlantic’s key geographic areas – Maryland, D.C. and Virginia give the resort destination a unique flavor and a colorful dynamic. Visitors follow no set profile and are as diverse and international as can be expected from any capital city. Gaylord National’s Convention Center, offering over 470,000 square feet of function space, is a huge draw for corporate meetings and conferences with clients represented from around the globe. Consequently, there is always something happening 24/7.
The Gaylord National delivers a high level of service, amenities and easy access to local attractions that consistently exceed expectations! In a competitive market that caters to government contractors, dignitaries and industry leaders, the Gaylord National is top contender.
The Gaylord National Resort is the largest combined hotel and convention center on the East Coast; yet, despite its size it has succeeded in maintaining a level of intimacy that keeps customer satisfaction and retention high. As a guest it is difficult not to feel energized, excited and impressed when exploring this distinctive hotel complex.
From top to bottom, it is extraordinary!
One could easily compare it to a cruise ship permanently docked where everything you could possibly need is within reach. The property has broad appeal – from business to family fun. Reunions, weddings, family outings and meetings are part of the mix. Moreover given National Harbor’s proximity to Washington – only 15 minutes by car, there is often a bit of mystery or political intrigue in the air; guests cannot be certain that a innocent handshake over lunch at a nearby table was not a world changing event. The region’s business centers, historic landmarks, museums, and top attractions are just a shuttle or water taxi away, making the Gaylord National the perfect home base for business and pleasure.
National Harbor in itself can easily be considered small coastal city spanning 300 acres, where you will find a plentitude of restaurants, retail shops and entertainment venues. First-timers are always surprised by the expansive layout and pedestrian friendly walkways. The picturesque marina dotted with benches encourages visitors to relax and unwind. Visitors gravitate toward the water to sit and savor the striking city views from every corner. Gaylord National’s outdoor colonial garden home to more than 40,000 flowering plants and its lush riverfront great lawn lined with 1200 oak, cherry and chestnut trees are popular afternoon haunts. When the sun goes down, guests are invited to enjoy a spectacular indoor performance; the atrium fountain comes alive with music, bright lights and water geysers reaching up to 50 feet in the air. Inside and out…the Gaylord National will not disappoint.
Every moment is an unforgettable memory in the making!
Imagine…waking up to a dramatic view of the Washington Monument, enjoying a sunset boat cruise along the Potomac or catching all the action at a Washington Nationals baseball game…and never having to get into a car!
When immersed in the unparalleled scenery, serenity…and simple pleasures that are innate to the overall Gaylord National experience, it is easy to forget that you are moments from a bustling urban metropolis…and oh so very hard to remember that this is sadly just a happy break from reality…and that you will eventually have to leave. But not to worry…The Gaylord National will give you countless reasons for a return.
Location: 201 Waterfront Street – National Harbor, Maryland
- 10 minutes to Old Town Alexandria
- 15 minutes to the National Mall, Smithsonian & U.S. Capitol
- 15 minutes to Mount Vernon
- 20 Minutes to Georgetown
- 15-20 minutes to Reagan National Airport (DCA)
Rooms: 2,000 guest rooms (110 Suites)
A classic décor inspired by the region’s historic architecture and design elements dominates each room. Warm cherry and walnut wood furnishings are complemented by a rich regal palette of color- ivory, blue, cognac and gold. Vintage black and white framed photo prints depicting local landmarks and geography add a special touch of nostalgia.
- 25% King Rooms/ 75% Queen Rooms
- Standard Room Size: 400 square feet
- Oversized LCD Flat Screen TV
- Data Port and Digital Phone
- In-room Safe
- Coffeemaker, Refrigerator, Iron/Ironing Board
- Full Size Desk with Chair or Sofa
- Soaking Tubs ( Queen Rooms Only)
- Suite Size: 800 to 2800 square feet
- Valet or Self-Parking (fee)
- Concierge, Tour & Transportation Service Desk
- Full Service Business Center
- Fitness Center & Luxury Spa
- Golf Course – 15 minutes from property (special discount rates)
Room Rates: Affordable Luxury.
Summer Room Rates: $189 to $259 per night
Check out Weekend and Holiday Special Packages
Contact reservations online for detailed pricing and all promotions.
Restaurant & Lounges:
- Old Hickory Steakhouse – refined upscale intimate setting offering an extensive wine list and award-winning menu. One of the East Coast’s finest steakhouses. Stunning views meet culinary perfection!
- Moon Bay Coastal Cuisine –relaxed dining with a distinct nautical flair. The menu is a tribute to the Chesapeake regions featuring local favorites…like Maryland Crab, oysters and fresh fish. The open exhibition kitchen allows guests to see the culinary team at work. A stop to pay homage to the“Wall of Whites”, Moon Bay’s impressive wine collection is a must!
- Pienza Italian Market– “Abbondanza” is the theme of this casual breakfast and lunch spot. Guests will be in food heaven – artisan breads, a pasta station, pizza, carved meats, salads, fruit, cheese…and even a sweet shop offering everything from ice cream to cheesecake. Sunday Brunch is over the top… expect no less than two hours to enjoy the feasting.
- National Pastime Sports Bar & Grille – the ultimate sports bar…big screens and a big time. The Scoop: Plan the perfect fan outing…enjoy a little pre-game fun …drink and dine without losing a moment of precious time. Gaylord National connects you to the Potomac River Baseball Cruise. Now you can avoid the hassle of traffic and exhorbitant ballpark parking fees. The National Harbor public lots are easy and affordable (under $12/day). Cruise fares start at $20 roundtrip per person. For more information, contact the Potomac Riverboat Company or call 703:684-0580
- Pose Ultra Lounge – a posh two story ultra-hip lounge with floor-to-ceiling views of the Potomac. Pose is definitely the place to get your groove on. The dancing heats up around 10 p.m. most nights.
- Belvedere Lounge – Casual Atrium Bar near reception lobby offering cocktails, wine and appetizers. Great spot for pre-dinner conversation and people watching.
Gracious and grandiose are words to best describe this truly Grand Dame of spa retreats. The Relâche Spa and Fitness Center is the region’s largest hotel spa with 11 treatment rooms, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a full service salon housed a 20,000 square foot sanctuary overlooking the majestic Potomac. The Spa offers an extensive menu of services – massages, hand and foot therapies, facials, body scrubs, hair treatments, as well as, manicures and pedicures. Moreover, the Spa shop features the best in skincare and makeup lines –Pure Fiji, eMerginC and Blinc Cosmetics.
A little rest, rejuvenation and pure spa magic will leave you renewed and transformed!
The Ultimate Indulgence:
Relâche Spa specialist, Courtney Lewis, introduced me to a phenomenal pain free alternative to a facelift. The WOW BROW is an exclusive rejuvenation treatment that works to erase years from your face and eye area. The treatment utilizes a specialized low-level current device that safely stimulates facial muscles resulting in improved facial contour, tightened and toned skin, and a reduction in fine lines lasting up to 72 hours. The brow shaping is the final touch…opening the eyes for a youthful refreshed appearance. Cost: $85 or for a special spa savings…combine the WOW BROW treatment with any facial for only $20 more!
Note: The facelift secret weapon by NuFACE can be yours for the taking. The Spa offers the complete system for just under $350. Just 5 minutes a day will keep the wrinkles away. Contact the Spa directly for complete details and to schedule your introductory treatment today: 301-965-4400.
The National Harbor Must-Do Hot List:
- Potomac River Boat Ride – service and tours to Old Town Alexandria, Mount Vernon, Georgetown and the Washington Nationals Ballpark.
- Bobby McKey’s – dueling pianos come to life each night with an audience sing-a-long. Reservations highly recommended.
- Harrington’s Pub and Kitchen– enjoy live music and a pint of Guinness at this favorite watering hole.
- CakeLove – satisfy your sweet tooth…with a little homemade sugar. Celebrity CakeLove founder, Warren Brown tantalizes us with his decadent dreamy desserts.
National Harbor’s Waterfront is always buzzing with activity.
Signature Events include:
- Food & Wine Festival (May)
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival (June)
- Chesapeake Crab & Beer Fest (August)
- Da Best Octoberfest (September)
Don’t miss the annual Independence Celebration Weekend!
Enjoy front row seats to the Nation’s most spectacular event.
The July 3rd Gaylord National’s Promo Package includes:
- 1 night deluxe room accommodations
- Self-Parking in Hotel Garage
- Admission to up to 4 guests to the Gaylord National’s Fireworks & Fun Celebration (6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.)
Available: Sunday, July 3, 2011
Price: Starting at $239 per family of four
For more information, contact hotel reservations online or call 301-965-4000.