Holly began drawing at a very young age. After a failed attempt to launch a fashion magazine at age 8 (her parents declined to pay the $15 cover price) she remained undaunted. Since that time, she has studied at Brandeis University (graduated magna cum laude), University College of London, and Watts Atelier of Art.
Clients include the world’s largest manufacturer of nail products, who recently featured her illustrations 4 ft x 5 ft at a beauty tradeshow in Italy. Other clients are involved in action sports, public relations and fashion.
1. What was the best decision you made in your life?
Probably sounds mushy, but marrying my boyfriend of 6 years, David. (Oct 06). He’s my best friend and he still cracks me up daily.
2. What are your most memorable travel moments?
I was living in London and due to travel all around France with a girlfriend. Two days before we were set to leave, she cancelled on me and I had to decide to either forge ahead alone or cancel my plans. I opted to travel all around France by myself, no reservations anywhere, I just arrived in each city and found hostels or hotels I could afford. As a planner, it was scary to ‘free fall’ but it ended up being amazing and I have a lot of great memories.
3. What was the worst travel experience you had?
I was 9 years old and traveling alone from France to Africa and when I arrived at the airport, nobody was there to pick me up. (My dad didn’t get the message I was arriving). I ended up going home with an employee of the airline until they could reach my parents! I’d like to claim I was brave but I cried pretty much the whole time.
4. What have you learned about yourself through traveling?
Traveling, even if it’s just to another city in the U.S. makes me a happier person. That change and stimulation is the stuff of life.
5. If you could choose your ultimate travel companion, living or dead, real or imaginary, who would it be?
My entire family. We love meeting up in new places and renting a house and exploring. Going someplace new and having your best friends all there with you, that is a real treat.
6. What moment in your life did you feel the most alive?
I’d choose the present moment.
7. If money and time were no object, where on earth would you go?
I’d definitely own a house in France and take little trips to Italy all the time!
8. Who is your hero?
9. Name a place that you’re an expert and would be a great resource for our Divas. Tell us about it.
Well I’d call myself an expert on San Diego. I guess that’s cheating because I live here. It’s a happy sunny place with miles of beaches. It’s starting to come in to it’s own with great new restaurants, more of an art scene and new funky shops. It’s really evolved in the past couple of years.
10. And finally a word from our Featured Diva, you in your own words-give us a stirring, Diva-worthy battle cry for women everywhere to hear!
Travel, travel and travel some more!