Name: Mark Wiser
Age: Old enough to know better; young enough to pretend not to…
Occupation: PR Wizard
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
On an airplane — you have the tension of flying, a
collection of people from a bunch of different places,
and 2-3 hours to make the best of it in a “room” as
classy as a local dive bar, complete with lousy
cocktails in plastic cups.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
There’s a small table in the corner of the bar at the Raleigh
Hotel in South Beach. No one knows they will serve
you dinner there, but if you ask nicely, they will. Turn this into your own private dining room, complete with a candle.
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
For free, if I know you, at my house. Otherwise, South Beach.
Recommendations: (Budget) Townhouse; (Splurge) Hotel Victor; (Ridiculous) The Setai
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
A great laugh, a passion for something (anything) and
incredible eyes that tell you all about that person all by themselves.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Rollerblading on the beach in my spandex biker shorts and tank top. Kidding … if it’s Sunday, reading the NY Times on the patio, with a big cup of coffee … if it’s Saturday, catching up on whatever life I missed during the week.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
Because it’s such a tourist destination, there’s a feeling of
permanent energy every single day. There is no down time because the city has to be “on” for the visitors. That plus the whole euro-latino (I made that word up) energy as fuel.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
Definitely bring cheap rubber sandals (flip flops) — you will wear ’em everywhere
… on the beach and then back out for a fine dinner.
Leave with one of the many cliche souvenirs that
define Miami … a few suggestions … alligator
teeth, neon day-glo T-Shirt, coconut patties, etc.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
(1) take the tourist boat to see all the stars’
homes, etc. It’s corny, but it’s fun.; (2) do a
walking tour of the Art Deco architecture, very
beautiful and such a story; and (3) if you can, go to
the Everglades. It is incredible and like nothing you
have ever seen. Take an airboat tour if you can …
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Any part of Miami Beach above 30th Street — despite what the tour
books may say, it’s not really the “Miami Beach” you came to see.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
There is a secret way to cut ahead of the 2 to 3 hour wait to get
into Joe’s Stone Crabs. I know it. You come visit and I’ll gladly share it with you.