Name: Yossi Azoulay
Yossi Azulay started his musical career while doing his military service as a member of an Israeli Defense Force performing troupe. Awarded second place in the 2004 Eurovision Contest for his song, Don’t Worry Baby.
Yossi is best known internationally for his songs El Ha’or and Heya Heya. These songs are particularly popular with fans of Israeli folk-dancing.
For more information on Yossi Azulay, see Confessions of an Israeli Folk Dance Addict by our Young at Heart Diva, Janet Bein.
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
I’ve never done this before so it’s a pretty hard question for me.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
In Tel Aviv, a place called “2c” (On the 49th floor of the Azrieli Building, Tel: 03 6953720). It has a great view. You can see the entire city and its coastline.
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
In Hertziliya, Eilat, and Jerusalem, and in the “great cabins” in Northern Israel.
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
Her eyes and independence.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Having a massage and a good lunch in the city.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
The mixture of power, quiet and nature.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
You don’t need to bring anything. Jerusalem has everything you will need. I think that you must leave with an artistic “mezuzah” or “hanukiya.” In Jerusalem you will find many beautiful things like that.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
The north of Israel in the spring.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Not especially. The Arab sections are very beautiful and unique. As tourists, I believe that you will be welcome anywhere.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
I don’t share secrets ? that’s why they exist… but…you must visit a small place called “BABET’S”( in Jerusalem on Shammai Street behind Kikar Zion Hotel). They make the best Belgian hot chocolate and waffles.