On the heels of a successful Earth Hour event on Saturday, March 28, Sofitel Los Angeles has announced plans to extend the practice of turning the lights off each night for the rest of the year. This “lights out” ritual will be done as a continuation of the effort to raise awareness of the importance of energy conservation and environmental protection.
Each night at dusk, guests at Sofitel Los Angeles will have the opportunity to experience the “lights out” ritual as hotel staff illuminate candles in public areas for the duration of one hour. Guests are encouraged to do their part by turning off the lights in their rooms and enjoy the candle-lit lobby. Additional candles will be placed in the restaurant and bar; Simon LA and Stone Rose Lounge, as a reminder of Earth’s valuable resources.
Sofitel Los Angeles has been a long-time supporter of the “go-green” movement introducing many practices into the hotel’s day-to-day operations. Some of these include:
– Operating on wind-generated power provided by Community Energy Inc. As a result, Sofitel Los Angeles is recognized as an EPA Green Power Partner
– Reducing water and energy through the use of an ozone laundry system
– Complimentary valet parking for any Electric, Hydrogen or battery-powered vehicle for the duration of guest’s stay
– The availability of charging stations for Hybrid or battery-powered vehicles
– The use of local and organic ingredients in the dishes prepared by Sofitel’s Simon LA restaurant
– The implementation of the only green, cleaning solution approved for spa use in Sofitel’s LeSpa
Discover Sofitel on www.sofitel.com