Name: Anthony Ippolito
Occupation: Biology Prof. and founder of Southern Brazil Adventures ecotouring company (www.southernbrazil.com or 866- GO BURRO).
Company Slogan: “Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing!”
Hometown: Chicago and Florianopolis, Brazil
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
Anywhere there are women. I do not have an approach though so something or someone else has to break the ice. Hard to believe but I am kind of shy. Once that ice is broken, let the games begin.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
Generally a blanket in the countryside somewhere with a bottle of wine, great bread and cheese, and some fresh fruit. Or overlooking one of my cities while the sun sets. In Chicago from Promontory Point. In Florianopolis, from the hill behind the overlook in Lagoa da Concessao.
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
My place of course! Plenty of room at the inn!
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
At the risk of sounding canned… Great smile, great sense of humor. The ability to hold a conversation. And a women’s body- give me some hips, baby!
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon? Just roll over?
On the local bike trail tearing up some dirt.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
Chicago: wonderful people, corner bars, great blues clubs, great improv, beautiful neighborhoods.
Florianopolis: wonderful people, beautiful nature, beautiful weather, caiparinhas.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
Yourself and a wonderful attitude. Fantastic memories of good times and cultural, life changing experiences. Chicago, always an extra jacket for unpredictable weather. Florianopolis, you will leave with great shoes and lots of them!
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
Chicago: blues at any number of great clubs. Improv theater at any small local hole in the wall place.
Florianopolis: beaches- there are any number of breathtaking beaches but I suggest Praia Mole or Galheta, or for total seclusion, Praia Lagoinha.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Chicago: south side. Florianopolis: any favela (ghetto).
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
Chicago: any number of world class restaurants and not so well known blues bars: Rosa’s Blues club for sure, down right dirty, the real McCoy. And take in some improv at a hole in the wall BYOB theater.
Florianopolis: Acores restaurant in Santo Antonio da Lisboa- fantastic fresh seafood and an acoustic samba serenade, sexy as hell.