Name: James Cavuoto
Occupation: Publisher and Pilot
Hometown: San Francisco
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
Standing in line somewhere.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
Bacar, in the wine bar area
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
Monticello Inn for the Jeffersonian experience (leave your love slaves at home).
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
Appreciation for irony, inquisitiveness, general goofiness, and the ability to discern the more subtle and unique qualities in a person (e.g.. me).
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon? Just roll over?
Flying to Half Moon Bay in my plane, or skiing in tahoe, or drinking coffee at Crossroads if it was a late night on Sat.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
The ability to walk places, the neighborhoods, the small theaters, the overall enlightenment of the people, and, of course, the dearth of Republicans.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
Your Visa card, since we don’t take American Express. Okay and maybe a sweater or two. But only one suitcase, no matter how long you’re staying. And do you really need all those shoes? Take some Peets coffee back with you, along with a Giants hat. But don’t spring for the Barry Bonds bobble head doll.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
The baseball stadium, the Ferry building, the men’s room at Harry Denton’s.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
The Castro on Halloween, the Mission on Cinqo de Mayo, North Beach on Columbus Day, downtown on St. Patrick’s Day. And no matter where you park, don’t leave anything visible in your car for thieves to covet.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
Go to open mic night at the Hotel Utah (4th@Bryant). Great local talent, with maybe some quirky acts thrown in too. If you have the time, take the Amtrak train up the Sierras to Truckee. Great scenery and relaxing ride (hurry, before the Bush administration kills Amtrak).