Name: Michele Carpagnano
Occupation: I am lawyer (I admit it) and PhD student at Trento Faculty of Law.
Hobbies: I love photography, sailing, contemporary art (my favourite artist is Maria Gonzalez Vallinas), travel and social activities.
Hometown: I’ve lived and worked in Paris, London, Brussels, Salamanca and Madrid, and I currently live in Barletta (south of Italy).
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
The place it is not important. Virtually, everywhere.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
At home, out in the garden (summer and autumn). In winter at Tenuta Pedale.
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
In a boat at Lega Navale or Trani.
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
Elegance, good manners, culture, simplicity and an open mind: all those qualities in one single woman is enough.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
If I am in Madrid, at la Latina, a quarter full (literally) of nice bars with a roof deck always crowded from 1 pm to late night the entire week end. Nice people, nice wine, nice tapas, nice sun: a unique experience. If I am in Barletta, I go to sail.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
The sky in September, the sea and some ancient customs (e.g. the Sunday lunch with all members of the family).
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
A digital camera with a lot of capacity. Leave with the desire to come back soon (and with a 1kg of hand made pasta and some mozzarellas).
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
The Old Castle, the Cathedral, the ruins of Canne della Battaglia.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Barletta is quite safe, go everywhere.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
Go to visit Trani (it is about 15 minutes driving from Barletta).
11. In what other parts of the world will we find you?
Madrid (Spain) and Trento (North of Italy).