Vancouver, B.C., always at the leading edge, Opus Hotels has introduced another precedent-setting green initiative. This time it’s hybrid car drivers-not to mention the planet they benefit-reaping the rewards.
June 2 marked the beginning of the summer hybrid rewards incentive that sees guests who arrive in hybrid cars, which consume less gas, being rewarded with complimentary valet parking. Reservation and bell staff are on-board to identify and pass on the benefits to environmentally-friendly guests. The trial-run closes on August 31.
Other green initiatives at Opus Hotel
* Founding member of the Green Table Network, an initiative to reduce waste, recycle, conserve water and energy and use fewer pollutants in hotel and restaurant kitchens.
* Participants in the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program to encourage sustainable seafood options on menus
* Use of regional, organically grown and in-season food products where possible, lessening imports and supporting local, sustainable producers
* Recycling of plastic, glass and paper products
* Energy efficient thermostats, lighting and timers and heat reflective window film in common areas
* Use of biodegradable chemicals and cleaning products and minimal use of solvents
* Phasing out of CFCs and ozone-depleting aerosols
* Phasing out plastic materials and replacing them with recyclable materials
* Increased staff awareness and training.
Uniquely stylish and always fresh, Opus Hotels redefine the boutique experience, blending contemporary design with warmth and intuitive service. Comfortable guest rooms feature vibrant colors, spa bathrooms and lifestyle-inspired dÃ©cor schemes. Located in fashionable Yaletown, Vancouver’s Opus Hotel is home to bistro modern Elixir and the dramatic Opus Bar. Opus Vancouver has been named one of the world’s top hotels by readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure magazine with Opus Bar voted “Vancouver’s Most Popular Nightspot” by Zagat Guide. For information visit www.opushotel.com
For more ideas on where to stay in Vancouver – click here