Name: Jay Smith
Hometown: Santa Monica, CA
Occupation: Director of Sales & Marketing, InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Status: Married 11 years
1. Where do you like to flirt?
It would have to be behind my wife’s back.
2. What are your favorite places to eat and drink?
Fathers Office in Santa Monica, AOC in Los Angeles
3. Where should we stay when we visit?
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, great spa, nice meeting space, large and comfortable rooms
4. What qualities do you find irresistible in a woman?
Their ability to keep a secret? Funny, curvaceous and smart.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Church in the morning, playing baseball in the afternoon or visiting my father in Irvine.
6. What do you love most about your hometown (besides our arrival)?
That people from all over the world come to visit my town and that I am blessed to be there already. I like the semi-urban feel coupled with a sleepy beach town.
7. What should we bring when we visit? What should we leave with?
A passion for restaurants, gorgeous scenery, the outdoors and a credit card.
Good memories and a suntan.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
It’s not the most unique and it’s hardly a secret but the Getty Center, situated on top of a mountain overlooking LA and the Pacific Ocean, never fails to impress.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Neighborhoods in which most of the windows have bars.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
As great as Santa Monica is to visit it’s even better to live there even if the City Council is predominantly communist.