We all love a man who’s been on ABC for his brilliant ideas. But even more, we love this man who started a website where you can find a free couch to sleep on anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, us Tango Divas prefer 500-count cotton, king-size beds and room service. So, Daniel, can you scoot over, and we like our eggs scrambled……
Name: Daniel Hoffer
Occupation: Founder of www.couchsurfing.com and MBA student at Columbia University.
Hometown: Currently, New York – but he left his heart in San Francisco
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
A sensuous, dark, classy, quiet, undiscovered hole-in-the-wall bar, over some tasty drinks among an accepting crowd.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
Roxanne’s in Larkspur, CA.
3. Where should we stay when we visit?
Find New York residents who will host you for free through my website, Couchsurfing.com. If you have to stay in a hotel, the Waldorf-Astoria is classic.
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
Intelligence, passion, complexity, compassion, strength, adventurousness, self-awareness, curiosity, femininity.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Lying on a blanket in the park reading.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
The perception of anonymity that makes people feel comfortable being themselves.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we
Energy and a sense of adventure. Leave with the memory of some new experience that has permanently changed your life and how you look at the world.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
Your best friend? Times Square? Asian bars hidden in office buildings in Korea-town? Oh, Greenwich Village, of course, and maybe Chinatown.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
The Bronx. Certain parts of Harlem and Central Park at night. Quite a bit of New York, actually.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
Columbia MBA students are hot, smart, know how to party, and throw a weekly all-night happy hour with free beer on Thursday nights.