Fillmore Street will be showing itself off again on October 15th, with the 3rd annual Taste of Fillmore event. Guests will cruise down Fillmore between Jackson and Post from 3 to 6 PM, tasting the delicious bites, drinks, and sites (tasting with your eyes, of course) that Fillmore shopping has to offer.
Shop owners will be opening their doors and offering goodies like wine tastings, skin consultations, raffle prizes, discounts, and sidewalk fashion shows. There will be live jazz music to add to the festivities.
As if that wasn’t sweet enough already, Taste just so happens to fall on my birthday. Come out to help a party girl celebrate in true San Francisco fashion.
Participants and perks will include:
· Zinc Details: showcasing a home living vignette and serving KOKOMO wine
· Jurlique: raffling a basket worth $200 and giving complimentary samples
· Gallery of Jewels: serving wine and raffling $100 worth of jewelery
· DOSA: delicious bites and Spice Route cocktails
· Kiehl’s: samples, skin consultations, and hors d’oeuvres by La Med
· Renaissance Salon: complimentary product demos and styling
· Eileen Fisher: serving refreshments and a drawing
· Salon Yuni: serving bites and a $10 gift certificate
· BoConcept: showcasing a home living vignette and serving Terra Savia Organic wines and hors d’oeuvres
· Design Within Reach: showcasing a home living vignette and serving wine from Verge Syrah
· Fraiche: offering yogurt tastings
· Paolo shoes: serving wine and champagne
· Limu: putting on a Peter Cohen trunk show and serving canapés and Gloria Ferrer champagne
· Heidi Says Shoes: serving pizza and wine from Dino’s and raffling a $75 gift certificate
· Timeless Treasures: offering a 10% discount
· Betsey Johnson: offering a 10% discount and serving champagne
· Hi Ho Silver: serving wine and hosting a $100 raffle
· The Shade Store: serving refreshments and wine, raffling $500 worth of goods, and offering free samples, catalogs, and tote bags
· Benefit Cosmetics: hosting a raffle for a private beauty bash for 10 women
· Toujours: serving refreshments, raffling a $75 gift certificate, and putting on a fashion show celebrating 25 years!
· Crossroads Trading: raffling a $25 gift certificate
· Black Fleece: raffling a Thom Browne bag designed exlusively for Black Fleece
As if that wasn’t freakin, spankin awesome enough, wineries will be pouring at the different shops as well.
Notably, Terra Savia, made by Jim Milone at Sanel Valley Vineyards, will be pouring their delicious, organic wines. Jim is a wino after my own heart. “Producing organic wines is better for the small piece of the planet that we get to take care of,” he said. “Well-made wine in general is a pretty natural and healthy beverage.” Good for the planet AND my body? Count me in…
VERGE Winery will be serving Syrah from a similar vein of vineyard, one which is organic and bio-dynamic. Keeping it local, Gloria Ferrer will be pouring champagne made just 40 miles north of our own fabulous city.
TASTE OF FILLMORE
Saturday, October 15th
3 pm – 6 pm
Fillmore Street – between Jackson and Post
BUY TICKETS HERE