These San Francisco restaurants really took the cake at our VIP book launch press event for Fly Solo. Don’t you just adore the book? Well to further whet your appetite, these San Francisco eateries should always be in your travel journal and on your lips when friends ask you for recommendations.
And our faves are…
1. Slanted Door (1 Ferry Building, 415.861.8032)—everyone’s favorite Vietnamese fusion restaurant at the Ferry Building, a visit to the Bay Area just isn’t complete without a meal here. Please plan ahead!
2. Alembic (1725 Haight Street, 415.666.0822)—Chef Eddie Blyden takes California fusion to a down-home level (gourmet Philly cheese steak sandwich!!). The nicest eatery in the Haight for grown-up hippies.
3. Circa (2001 Chestnut Street, 415.351.0175)—if only these walls could talk: this swank Marina establishment was once the favorite haunt of yuppie singles, perched as it is on the corner of Getting Wasted and Getting Some (Chestnut and Fillmore Streets, both great boutique and bar streets).
4. Roe Restaurant (651 Howard Street, 415.227.0288)—the home of virtually every single Tango Diva event on record, from fashion shows to literary salon. This chic Asian restaurant serves to-die-for sushi and a Kobe beef appetizer. Let’s call it our home away from home!
5. Sociale (3665 Sacramento Street, 415.921.3200)—down a posh little alley lies Sociale. An outdoor courtyard and a fine zipcode make it the perfect place for both a ladies’ lunch as well as a romantic date.
6. Postrio (545 Post Street, 415.776.7825)—see and be seen by the VIP scene of San Francisco at Postrio, where mayors, supervisors and news anchors dine side by side, where deals are made and fortunes, too. If your last name isn’t Getty, it probably belongs to the guy next to you.
7. Maverick (3316 17th Street, 415.863.3061)—this American eatery and wine bar celebrates a radical cattle man who refused to brand his heffers, but when you experience all their delicious vittles, this place will nonetheless become branded in your mind as a great local spot.
8. La Mediterranee (2210 Fillmore Street and two other locations, 415.921.2956)—you’ve probably wondered where, at most of our other events, we get our luscious dolmas, hummus and other phyllo delights. The answer is here!