If you are going to be in the Bay Area next month, you’ll want to be sure and reserve your tickets to join the League of Women Voters of San Francisco at the “Women Who Could Be President” gala reception on February 12, 2009, from 5:30 to 8 pm at San Francisco’s City Club,155 Sansome Street.
The longstanding award honors an accomplished group of women who have demonstrated exemplary leadership and service in the community. The celebration will be hosted bypast honoree Cheryl Jennings of KGO-TV and chaired by Chandra Friese- two dynamo’s in their own right. You’ll be excited, empowered, and enthused after hearing the inspiring words of this year’s honorees:
• Julie Castro Abrams, CEO of Women’s Initiative for Self-Employment
• Michela Alioto-Pier, Member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors
• Diane Jones Lowrey, Director of Marketing at Levi-Strauss and community leader
• Lisa Stevens, Executive Vice President, Regional President of Wells Fargo
• Carolyn Wente, Leader of Wente Family Estates and Philanthropist
Funds raised by the gala reception benefit the League’s voter education programs. Ticket cost is $89 for
members and $150 for non-members, which includes a membership to the League. Complete details about the
reception and honorees, including biographies, are available at the League’s website.