Name: Daniel Sosa
Occupation: Dive Master
Hometown: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
By day: A good amount of flirting can be found at the famous and a little infamous Nikki Beach restaurant/bar. Located at the Wesitn Hotel where most of the lounging is done on white, canvas beds placed directly on the beach. Tealights and tiki torches give it a very romantic and tropical flare. There are also a few white, canvas teepee’s. Yes, teepee’s scattered about in case one might want a little more privacy.
I would also include De Santo’s roof top bar (after 10:00 PM) located downtown.
2. Where’s your favorite table for two?
Again, I have to say Nikki Beach at the Wesitn hotel not only for the reasons I’ve already shared but the food is good and it’s all about atmosphere, including a spectacular nightly firework’s show directly off the beach.
De Santo’s is also a great choice or the Cafe De Artist-roof top is very romantic at night. Both are located downtown.
3. Where should we stay when we visit (besides your place)?
For those who don’t mind splurging on themselves, like a good Diva should, my first choice would be The Wesitn Hotel – Its very plush. A more economical yet still a great option is The Villa Del Palmas Beach Resort and Spa.
For those looking for a villa rental, the Cocha Chinas area has some great places. If you are interested in a condo or townhouse, the Puerto Valletta Marina has some affordable options – and it’s a wonderful place to stroll around day or night.
4. What quality do you find irresistible in a woman?
Confidence, an adventurous spirit and of course the ability to flirt-Well.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon? Just roll over?
The Oasis Bar next to Daiquiri Dicks-Downtown.
6. What do you love most about your city (besides our arrival)?
Besides the unbelievable weather and gorgeous sunsets, the slower pace of life is a definite plus.
7. What should we bring when we visit your town? What should we leave with?
Bring: your bikini, lots of sunscreen and of course your dive card. Leave with an awesome suntan and a Mexican boyfriend.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
1. The sea turtles and manta rays when you dive with me – A must do….
2. A stroll down the curale (the river) Downtown
3. Late night rooftop music and scene at De Santo’s
4. Dinner and drinks at Nikki Beach.
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
Not really. Puerto Vallarta is very safe so enjoy exploring the city.
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
The best mojito’s (a refreshing cocktail) anywhere! The ones served at Nikki Beach are made with fresh mint leaves and a deliciously sweet sick of real sugar cane, they’re an absolute must … Don’t leave without having one.
You can reach Daniel for scuba reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org