Name: Vincent Bernardy aka St. Vincent
Hometown: San Luis Obispo, CA/St. Paul, MN
Diva Minds Want to Know…
1. Where do you like to flirt?
Everywhere I go.
2. Where is your favorite table for two?
3. Where should we stay when we visit?
The Sanitarium Bed & Breakfast—beautiful surroundings and open-working art studio for you to paint, then take a soak in the hand-made big Moroccan soaking tubes. The best beds you ever slept in REALLY! Incidentally, I’m the innkeeper & host.
4. What qualities do you find irresistible in a woman?
I seem to gravitate towards intellectual, assertive, strong-willed creative women.
5. Where can we find you on a free Sunday afternoon?
Singing my songs and playing the guitar somewhere along the California coast. Painting. Walking on the beach or surfing. Taking out the garbage. Strolling the Sunset theater swap meet.
6. What do you love most about your hometown (besides our arrival)?
My hometown is St. Paul. I love the changing of the seasons, especially October. I love the changing colors of the leaves and the brisk cool air. I love that Garrison Keillor’s Prairie Home Companion radio show is in downtown St. Paul at the Fitzgerald Theater. The winter sports. Really super music and art. I love everything about San Luis Obispo, especially that I’m about 10 min from the ocean. I LOVE THE OCEAN! I love all the creative people here. The fresh vegetables and fruits GROWN ALL AROUND HERE!
7. What should we bring when we visit? What should we leave with?
My phone number (805-215-9305) Also bring your swimsuit and get a tan—the beaches here are beautiful. (Pismo, Avila Beach and Cayucos). Bring your taste buds for all the wonderful wines, fresh strawberries and melons at the world famous farmers’ market on Thursday nights. Bring your aching muscles and get a massage from me. Leave with great happy memories, new friends, the smells of Eucalyptus trees and honeysuckle, and your favorite bottle of wine.
8. What do we absolutely have to see while we’re there?
9. Any areas of town we should avoid?
10. Any local secrets you want to share?
Listen to my beautiful music while you are driving to SLO.: http://cdbaby.com/cd/stvincent