Yeah! Finally, the seasons are changing, and as autumn slowly wraps us in a blanket of cooler nights and changing leaves, we have a few more moments to enjoy the great outdoors. Carmel Valley Ranch is a beautiful 500-acre slice of tranquility where the weather is gentle and the air is nourishing. And, if you want to enjoy these wonderful fall days, I suggest that you sneak away with your girlfriends for a few delicious days.
Some of the activities you can indulge in include:
- Golf on their 18-hole championship golf course and driving range, designed by Pete Dye
- Play tennis at their nine-court tennis complex
- Step into their Adventure Kitchen, home to hands-on cooking demonstrations and ongoing “Ranch Chef” competitions
- Go for a scenic hike, bike, or run on their endless trails that wind through the Ranch’s lush grounds
- Take a tour of their sustainable four-acre pinot noir vineyard, year-round organic garden with chicken coop, and a world-class bee apiary where you can don protective suits and engage with the hives
Only happening on Friday November 28th is their Annual Do-It-Yourself Holiday Gift Faire. Create a beautiful holiday wreath with Carol from Creekside Farms, or a custom scent or lip balm with Beekeeper John Russo. Make a potpourri sachet from lavender and other herbs grown on the property. You can roll beeswax candles, craft one-of-a-kind beaded earrings and bracelets, and make personalized holiday ornaments and table decorations.
My favorite feature of the Ranch is their “resort within a resort”— which allows for both grownups and kids to have a great time without bothering the other. Mammas, you know all about this! The top of the Ranch is designed with adults in mind, including Spa Aiyana, The Lodge and the adults-only pool area. The Ranch also offers in-room childcare. The activity area in the valley, known as the River Ranch, is for all the family with the focus on the kids. What’s best, is that at the end of a busy day—for moms and kids—everyone gets together for a fun evening of s’more making around the lobby’s main outdoor fire pit.
If you decide to take the little ones, here are some activities that your kids will love:
- Horse riding at the Corral. There, you can meet the herd, go for a trail ride, or take a leisurely walk on up to the Corral and visit the horses and their friendly Trail Guides. They’re offering Pony Rides for the little ones, and trail rides for the big kids.
- DISCOVER GEOCACHING! The staff hides tiny treasures all around the Ranch, waiting for you to find them. Whether you’re new to geocaching—the worldwide high-tech treasure hunt—or an old pro, you’ll love using their specially programmed GPS devices and clever clues to find caches full of trinkets placed strategically around the 500-acre property.
If you would like to keep your kids active all day while you do grown up things, then enroll them in the Ranch Hands Kids Camp. Got get yourself pampered at Spa Aiyana. Treat yourself to the famed LAFACE Facial or relax in front of the fire with a book, you can let your kids enjoy a day at the Ranch Hands Kids Camp. There, they can take golf and tennis lessons, go swimming, hiking, and enjoy specialized activities and crafts. Busy Bees, Ranch Hands Kids Camp, and Kids’ Night Out is available for children 2-12 years old.
- Carmel Valley Ranch
- One Old Ranch Road, Carmel, CA 93923