Retiring or planning for that momentous event? The general migration is heading south.
Baby boomers are flocking to the Sunshine State in record numbers to The Villages, a Central Florida Community like no other.
Dubbed the Disney World for mature adults, The Villages offers an active lifestyle in a pristine setting. Residents travel in tricked-out golf carts to the community’s many recreational amenities and themed hometown squares.
Socializing is a ritual. People gather together daily to share in the fun and festivities. The squares are the epicenters of entertainment, speckled with cafes, shops and restaurants. And, on any given night, there is always live music and dancing.
The Villages is the only community where as a resident, you can play complimentary golf for the rest of your life. Don’t play golf? No worries, there are 2,500 social clubs to keep you busy.
To many locals and visitors alike, The Villages is the closest thing to the Fountain of Youth. Residents are reversing the aging process with a simple attitude adjustment. The prevailing theme is living life to its fullest.
Even if you are not quite ready to leave the work grind behind, The Villages offers you the opportunity to take retirement for a test drive.
Florida’s Friendliest Town Beckons.
The sunny climate combined with an inviting carefree atmosphere makes for the perfect vacation escape.
A good selection of hotel properties are available with close proximity to the community squares.
I opted for a weekend at The Waterfront Inn, a boutique hotel featuring luxury and old-fashioned southern comfort in a small town setting.
It was simply too hard to resist the Inn’s beautiful lake views and the laid back seaside vibe of The Villages’ Sumter Landing.
Counting down the years when I can be carefree, retired and celebrating The Villages’ lifestyle year round.
In the meantime, one can make a vision board and dream.
Southern Hospitality with Modern Amenities
The Waterfront Inn
Location: 1105 Lake Shore Drive; THE VILLAGES, FL 32162
Reservations & Information: 1-800-592-0774 • 1-352-753-7535
Orlando International Airport Distance: 70 miles
HOTEL FAST FACTS & AMENITIES:
- 120 luxury Guest Rooms and Suites.
- Located in Lake Sumter Landing on Lake Sumter within The Villages
- Pillow-top king and queen beds with Egyptian cotton linens and luxe pillows
- Complimentary high speed internet
- Flat screen TV with premium cable channels at no extra charge
- In-room coffee service, microwave, mini-frig and safe
- Lakefront rooms offer panoramic views of Lake Sumter and Market Square
- Walking distance to shopping, recreational opportunities and the free nightly entertainment on the Square
- Outdoor, heated pool, whirlpool spa and fitness center
- In-room massage from a Licensed Massage Therapist
- Amelia’s Restaurant (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Room service, valet cleaning and pressing services
- Banquet/Meeting room space for up to 100 guests featuring an outdoor lakefront patio
Silver Springs/ Ocala: 22 miles
Lakeridge Winery: 28 miles
Disney Attractions: 67 miles
Universal Studios: 55 miles